What We Do on Summer Vacations
After several long weeks of waiting, we’re finally ready to reveal the results of our last summer series survey! This time around we offered a $25 Starbucks gift card to those of you who entered their email addresses. We sent an email out to our lucky winner! Keep an eye out to discover if you’ve won a $25 Starbucks gift card. Without further ado, here are our results:
Our survey’s demographics are straightforward: 42.9% of those surveyed are between 30 and 50 years old. The other 57.1% are 19 to 30 years old. This just goes to show that summer vacations aren’t just for kids and retired people! Furthermore, 42.9% of our responders so that they take a summer vacation every year. Meanwhile, the other 57.1% say they sometimes take a summer vacation, but not every year. This could be for a variety of reasons, like work, responsibilities, or timing. One thing is for sure though, all of our surveyors said they love their summer vacations and miss them when they don’t take one.
Summer Vacations Can be Wildly Different
Summer vacations can be wildly different depending on the vacationer! A majority of those surveyed (85.7%) said that their summer vacations are typically a week long. There was a minority at 14.3% of those that said they had the whole summer for summer vacation! They’re truly living the dream!
Every once in a while, movie or TV characters will talk about a childhood summer vacation spot that their family went to every year. This is certainly not the case for our surveyors! 100% of our surveyors said that they don’t go to the same place every summer. They all prefer to explore and adventure in new places. Even if they go to different places every year, everyone looks forward to something during their vacation. Although 57.1% of those surveyed said they looked forward to spending time with friends and family, exploring stores, restaurants, and nightlife, and hanging out, each of the other categories was still popular! The other categories were exploring new places and meeting new people, finding fun outdoor activities, and unplugging from electronics to zone out and relax. Each of these categories had 14.3% of participants say they looked forward to that particular category most.
Fun in the Sun
Finally, it wouldn’t be a summer vacation without summer activities! However, our surveyors were almost torn on what to do to have fun in the summer sun. The first two popular categories were exploring cities and finding things to do outdoors. These both earned a response from 28.6% each from our participants. None of our surveyors thought summer was too hot, and none selected watching movies, reading, and staying indoors as their favorite summer activities. The majority of our surveyors, however, at 42.9%, said that they loved doing all of the above! They found city slicking, outdoor exploration, and even the occasional summer blockbuster to be equally fun!
Most of our surveyors must be from somewhere hot, as most of our participants said they wanted to go north! 42.8% of participants said they wanted to go to Canada, with another 28.6% saying that they wanted to go somewhere up north. Finally, 14.3% of participants wanted to go to Iceland, while another 14.3% wanted to hop over the pond and explore some European countries.
As always, reading over the results of our survey was great fun! We look forward to hearing from our readers in our next survey series, which will be in a few months. Keep an eye out for the congratulatory email and stay hydrated as you enjoy your summer vacations!